>

20 oct. 2017

My Favorite Book Titles !


Hello everyone !

Book titles are extremely important. They are literally the first thing you see when you look at a book cover.
Sometimes, they're even more important than the actual cover.
Let's take If I Fix You for instance. I'm not a fan of the cover but the title immediately made me click on the "want to read" button.

That's why today I decided to dedicate a full post to my favorite book titles. 

I Smell Secrets


The one that intrigued me the most is Behind Closed Doors. What's funny is that I was 80% sure of what was happening behind that door but I was completely wrong. It was much more twisted than what I imagined.


Self-Explanatory 



One of Us is Lying got me the most excited. When I read the title I could feel my inner Sherlys slowly waking up buuuuuut if you've read my review you know that I was disappointed. If I had to recommend a book among these I would choose What We Saw without hesitation. I'm still trying to figure out how to review this book, it's gripping and very thought-provoking, you should definitely check it out !


Short (Kind of) and Badass




I think Kings Rising is my ultimate favorite. Everytime I read it I imagine Kings fighting with their swords (swords are very royal) with an epic sound in the background. I'm currently reading it and oh my gosh I can't find words to describe my feelings. It's like I had a unlimited source of energy that made me want to jump everywhere and fangirl over Laurent.

What are your favorite book titles ? 

Hope you enjoyed, see you next time.

12 commentaires:

  1. Ooh fun post! I love book titles, just like cover art lol. Behind Closed Doors is a good one- I'm intrigued! ESpecially since I just read her other book The Breakdown. Good stuff. We Were Liars is a great title too, and I thought that book was a trip.

    One Of Us Is Lying is a great title, no doubt. Not fond of the cover tho. What We Saw is good too. Kings Rising is nice, with a crown on the cover, and I like Gathering Darkness too. Sounds ominous. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Haha me too, especially when the cover art is directly linked to the story and not just a random face/body.
      Oooh I haven't read that one yet but I think I'd love anything by this author.
      The ending of We Were Liars was definitely unexpected but I almost DNFed it because it was too slow. I think I'd enjoy it more as a reread.

      Hmm I think the cover is okay, what kind of cover would you imagine for OOUIL ?
      YES Gathering Darkness is awesome ! It has a dangerous and mysterious vibe.

      Supprimer
    2. I'm not sure about OOUIL, but maybe something with a mysterious dark tone (ha ha I love those) or even a Breakfast Club throwback (without being TOO obvious).

      Supprimer
    3. Oooh I can definitely see that !

      Supprimer
  2. Ooh I love interesting book titles! Not sure what my favorite is, but these are some great ones. The Call sounds so creepy and daunting, and One of Us is Lying is definitely an intriguing one!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Totally ! I think that's why I picked it up. I really liked it !

      Supprimer
  3. This is such a fun post. The reason why I first added One of Us is Lying to my wishlist was because of its tittle - so intriguing and mysterious. One of my favourite titles is This Savage Song. When I first read it, I found it very appealing and creepy.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you ! ^^

      I agree 100% with you, that's why I was so disappointed when I read it.
      Hmm... It is a beautiful title but when I first heard it I didn't really feel anything. It's when I read the synopsis that I thought the title was great.

      Supprimer
  4. Great idea Lys!! I haven't read Kings Rising, but I'm adding it to my TBR! I can't think of favorite titles, but I can think of a few least favorite! For instance, The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. It's one of my favoirte series, but the title to the first book is just cringy. Plus, no one takes me seriously when I recommend it, solely because of the title. I also don't like the "blank, blank, and other blank things" formula. I don't know if I'm making sense, but there are always titles like "My Ex, Airports, and other Horrible Things". I just don't find the titles inventive at all and I never end up picking up the book!!

    Omg, I had a lot more frustration than I realized! :D Loved your post!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. You're hilarious XD
      I haven't read The Summer I Turned Pretty. I think it's because of the cover too and when I read the synopsis, it didn't sound amazing.

      "My Ex, Airports and other Horrible Things", did you just make that up ? haha
      The world is full of creative and appealing titles so authors should definitely spend time on it.

      Thank you !

      Supprimer
  5. It's amazing how a fantastic title can draw us in, right? It can be just as important as a great cover!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    RépondreSupprimer